— CWA District 1 (@CWADistrict1) April 15, 2016
AT&T members at CWA Local 1298 in Hamden, CT have been working without a contract since Saturday night.
Last week the bargaining team was hopeful a deal would be reached by expiration.
The company is demanding big concessions including cuts to health care healthcare, job security, and pensions. They are also demanding two-tier sick and healthcare for new hires.
What AT&T wants:
- Increased Healthcare
- Pension– No additional pay credits
- Eliminate Accident Disability and Cut Disability pay in half.
- Reduced Sick days
- Reduce Excused work Days
- Reduced Holidays
- Reduce Employment security
- Eliminate Family Care Committee
What we are fighting for:
- Improving our employment security contract provisions and keeping a job guarantee.
- Making sure that every member is better off at the end of the contract than the beginning when wages, benefits etc. are all added up.
- Fighting for a secure retirement. This means both pension improvements and secure healthcare for current workers.
- Current Retiree Healthcare Discussions
— CWA District 1 (@CWADistrict1) April 19, 2016
Last week, CWA local 1298 members gathered near the State of Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection to rally in support of a fair contract. Many of these members are critical to the surveillance, maintenance and conversion of 911 services for the state of Connecticut as well as nationwide AT&T 911 services.