Congrats to CWA Local 1120's newest members at the Monroe Free Library who unanimously ratified their 1st contract! pic.twitter.com/8Db1sOuWgV
— CWA District 1 (@CWADistrict1) January 15, 2016
CWA Local 1120's newest members at the Monroe Free Library unanimously ratified their first contract yesterday. The group successfully mobilized and stuck together to win a contract that includes:
- 100% paid medical coverage of a gold plan for individuals
- Medical insurance buyout
- 2% raise with a 1% bonus retro to January 1, 2015
- 1.5% raise every 6 months until December 31, 2017
- Longevity bonuses
- 11 1/2 paid holidays
- Paid sick time for part and full time employees
- Paid personal time for part and full time employees
- Up to 6 weeks paid vacation
- 50% match of 10% employee contribution for 401k
- Grievance and Arbitration
- Call in pay
Congratulations to all the 1120 members at the Monroe Free Library and thank you to the bargaining team for their hard work. Local 1120 is proud to have such a strong group of members.
The unit joined CWA in September, 2014 after the Library Board tried unsuccessfully to block the workers from organizing. The workers launched a mobilization campaign with support from local electeds and the community.
The unit includes a diverse group, ranging from workers in reference, circulation, children departments, clerks, and coordinators.